Invitation for Audition
Applications until August 18, 2017
The Opera Studio of the Municipal Theatre Patras invites Lyrical Singers to submit their application forms with the required supporting documents (see below) until Friday, August 18, 2017. The application forms can be submitted either electronically (by sending the necessary documentation with the application form to firstname.lastname@example.org, either in person at the secretariat (Mon-Thu 11: 00-16: 00) or by post mail (considering the date shown on the postmark) to the following address: Municipal Theatre Patras, Othonos Amalias 6 Patra, PC 26223, Greece
The application form is available on the website of the Int. Opera Studio of Municipal and Regional Theater of Patras. www.operstudiopatras.gr
- 1. Opera Studio accepts all young singers, who have successfully completed their studies in the singing field. In exceptional cases it is possible to remove this restriction.
- 2. The candidates should not exceed the age of 30 (female) and 32 (male). In exceptional cases it is possible to remove the specified age limit.
- 3. The candidates should prepare 2 Opera Aries and 2 Lieder of different style and language.
- 4. The audition process includes an examination in relation to the candidates acting, movement and rhythmic abilities.
- 5. Together with the application form, the candidates have to submit the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- A recent photo
- A list of the candidates repertoire which refers to pieces that have been studied and already interpreted.
- If available, a recent recording (in CD, DVD, mp3, mp4) with three arias and three lieder
- Scores of two arias and two lieder that the candidates will be called to interpret during the Audition.
- 6. The exact date and time of the Audition will be communicated promptly and in writing to the candidates after the selection process.
- The Audition is currently free, there are no fees
- The Audition for candidates from abroad is possible through video (youtube.com)
- The program is currently free for the students that they just have to take care of their livings costs while staying in Greece. (Apartment with separate rooms is available)
- The duration of the program is elaborated for one year. The period starts in October and ends in June. With the possibility of some extra shows in summer festivals in Greece - Outdoor
- The Program includes the following Lessons: Voice training, Acting training, Movement training, Rhythmic training, Vocal ensembles, Musical and theatrical Dramaturgy, Voice caching: repertoire, role studies, singing prima vista, Philological analyzing and text interpretation/ Libretto, Language lessons: Italian, German, French, Speech training, Coaching (psychological support), Presence under stage lighting, Workshops, masterclasses, Participation in professional Opera productions
- The performances are with Orchestra. Some Chamber Operas can also be with piano
- The performances will take place in Apollo Theater, Patra , a small copy of Theatro Alla Scalia , Milan
- The Operas we have planned to realize in the next season 2017-2018: Mozart - Abduction from Serail, Mozart, Poulenc - La voix humaine, Menotti - The Telephone, Gluck - Orpheus and Eurydice for children and other options
- Lyric evenings all over the season 2017-2018
- concerts all over the city